The In-Service Inspection Training Program addresses the AICIP (Australian Institute for the Certification of Inspection Personnel) competencies for the inspection of pressure equipment. The course is designed to cover the AICIP examination requirements of training. Candidates who have the training, experience and obtained the AICIP qualification have the opportunity to examine pressure equipment to the required standards.
Applications for examinations
Students must enrol with AICIP for examination prior to the AWS CE In-Service Pressure Equipment Training Program.
1. Basic Aspects of Inspection, Inspector’s Responsibilities, Duties, Attributes, Code of Ethics and the Understanding of Legislation.
2. Boilers and Pressure Equipment.
3. Safety during Inspection.
4. Method of Inspection.
5. Pressure Equipment Inspection.
6. Assessment of Pressure Integrity.
9. Common Modes and Causes of Deterioration and Failure.
10. Repairs, Alterations Modifications, Replacement and Re-rating.
12. Inspection and Repair of Specific Pressure Equipment to AS/NZS 3788.
Interstate and overseas an 8 day training program of 8days – 8hrs/day= 64hours
AWS CE Training Centre (Adelaide) 9 day training of 9 days – 7hrs/day = 63hours
The primary delivery is class room based, with practical follow up exercises.
AWS CE provides the student with a USB that contains notes, presentations and exercises.
Students must supply their own
- Writing material (pen and pad ect)
- Scientific calculator
- AS/NZS 3788- In-service Inspection-pressure equipment
- AS 4343- Hazard Level
- Ultrasonic thickness tester (optional)
- Personal computer (optional)
- Process Risk Base Inspection/Engineers
- Pressure vessel Inspectors
- Welding Inspectors
- Protective Coating Inspectors
- NDT Technicians
- Pressure equipment operators
- Plant operational Managers
Each course runs for 9 full days, with the weekend off in between.
In 2013 the dates are:
Contact us to enrol!
Ask us more about tailor-made training for workplaces and private groups.